Southern Cross Healthcare is New Zealand’s largest independent healthcare network; comprised of 16 hospitals, specialist centres, physiotherapists, and rehabilitation, and workplace wellness providers across New Zealand.
Each year the wider Southern Cross businesses support more than one million New Zealanders through medical care, healthcare and health and travel insurance.
We are driven by our purpose to advance the health and wellbeing of New Zealanders, supported by our not-for-profit DNA that keeps this purpose at the forefront of our focus.
Southern Cross Healthcare patients are supported by a team of over 3000 employees, passionate about making a difference to the health and wellbeing of New Zealanders. They work alongside over 1200 medical specialists who are credentialled to provide services in our hospital facilities.
Care is at the heart of all we do and we offer a progressive, inclusive, innovative and high-performance workplace culture.
You will be joining Southern Cross Healthcare at an exciting time of significant change and growth and we are seeking high performing people who are eager to contribute to the next stage of our journey.
About the opportunity:
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join the Health and Safety team to support the Auckland Region.
In this position you will drive and embed our health and safety programme throughout our Auckland hospitals, with the support and guidance of the National Health and Safety Team.
This is an operational role with key responsibilities in governance, planning and review, risk management, event management, training, and culture. This includes taking the lead on local initiatives, supporting our ‘one Auckland approach’, and assisting with the implementation of the national health and safety strategy.
Working alongside our National Health and Safety team, you will help to continually improve the health, safety and wellbeing of our hospital teams, as well as any others influenced by our work.
This is a full-time permanent role, reporting to the National Health and Safety Lead, and working within a fantastic team of healthcare professionals.
Due to the scope of this role, we are looking for an individual with a tertiary qualification in Health and Safety or equivalent education, and:
- Five years’ experience in a similar role driving best practice in health and safety
- Membership with NZISM
- A demonstrable understanding of the HSWA 2015 and other associated regulations, codes of practice, standards and guidelines
- Previous healthcare experience ideal
- The ability to establish and maintain strong, trusting relationships with people from across business areas, functions and the organisation through consistent actions, values and communication
- Highly effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- The ability to lead by example in all interactions
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- The ability to facilitate open and honest communication between parties
- A proactive and energetic nature with a desire to make a positive difference
What we can offer you:
- Competitive remuneration package, including health insurance
- Discounts on products and services from a range of our partners
- Work for one of New Zealand’s most well-known and trusted brands
- A great team and a commitment to professional development
Apply now to join an organisation in which you can really make a positive difference