New Plymouth Hospital has 6 operating theatres, a brand new well equipped 12 bedded PACU, 13 day stay facility unit and a 39 in-patient ward which will include the implementation of an intermediate care facility (ICF). At New Plymouth you will be given the opportunity to advance your career and grow our people to the very best in health care.
Southern Cross' New Plymouth Hospital are searching for capable and experienced Nurse Educator to join our Education/Ward Team as a Clinical Nurse Education Ward & ICF. This position is a 0.8 FTE up to full time role depending on the candidate's preference. New Plymouth offers a wide range of surgical services and post-operative care to around 6000 patients each year. Our surgical specialities include General surgery, Gynaecology, Oral & Maxillofacial surgery, Urology, Orthopaedics, Plastic and Reconstructive surgery, ENT, Ophthalmology, Vascular, and Endoscopy.
You will be working with an experienced Senior Leadership Team and alongside an extraordinary group of clinical specialists to help make a valuable contribution to safe, appropriate, and quality health consumer focused care.
With modern facilities, high utilisation rates, a quality service, supportive management and a collegial team this is a dynamic, fast paced environment where your nursing skills and scope can develop and your career will thrive
To be successful you will need:
- To be a Registered Nurse with a current NZ practicing certificate
- At least 5 years' experience in a surgical hospital environment (preferably in a senior nurse role)
- Experience in delivering clinical teaching and professional development & learning activities
- Experienced in higher level of care areas i.e. HDU/ICU/ED
- Knowledge of computer systems to an intermediate level
- A post graduate qualification in peri-operative nursing, or related discipline or working towards one
- PDRP Level 3 (proficient) or equivalent
- Advanced resuscitation certification
- High level of clinical expertise
- Technical expertise (i.e. CVAD, cannulation, phlebotomy etc.)
- Current expertise in the knowledge and practice of surgical nursing
- Actively promotes culturally safe clinical practice and the integration of the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi into the provision of patient care
- Demonstrated ability to promote evidence based best practice
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and guidance to nursing staff
- An adult teaching qualifications or equivalent and experience in clinical teaching practices (not essential but desirable)
- PDRP Level 4 (expert) or equivalent (not essential but desirable)
What we can offer you:
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Subsidised health insurance
- Christmas and New year breaks
- NZ Council approved PDRP
- Ongoing learning & development
About Southern Cross Healthcare
Southern Cross Healthcare is New Zealand's largest independent healthcare network; comprised of our wholly-owned and joint venture hospitals, specialist centres, physiotherapy, rehabilitation and workplace wellness providers across New Zealand.
Each year the wider Southern Cross businesses support more than one million New Zealanders through medical care, healthcare and health and travel insurance.
We are driven by our purpose to advance the health and wellbeing of New Zealanders, supported by our not-for-profit DNA that keeps this purpose at the forefront of our focus.
Southern Cross Healthcare patients are supported by a team of over 3000 employees, passionate about making a difference to the health and wellbeing of New Zealanders. They work alongside over 1200 medical specialists who are credentialed to provide services in our hospital facilities.
Now is an exciting time to join Southern Cross Healthcare, as we pursue our vision to transform private healthcare to further improve the health of New Zealanders.
Our purpose and vision are brought to life by a progressive, innovative and inclusive workplace culture. Care is at the heart of all we do. We are looking for high performing people who are eager to play their part in delivering to our purpose.
In return for your extraordinary skills and the high degree of care you bring to everything you do, you will be joining an organisation in which you can truly make a difference.
Make the change you have been looking for. Apply Now.