Dr Pranesh JogiaMB ChB 1998 Auckland; FJFICM 2007; FRACP 2010
Full NZ Registration Date24 December 1998
Southern Cross Heart Institute
(07) 959 5700
(07) 959 5702
Special Clinical Interest(s)
- Cardiologist & Intensive Care Specialist
- General Cardiology
- Cardiac Imaging
- Transthoracic & transoesophageal echocardiography (2D & 3D)
- Imaging in Valvular & structural intervention
- CT coronaries & structural/critical care cardiology
- Critical Care Cardiology
I am a dual trained specialist, trained in Cardiology and Critical Care.
I enjoy caring for patients at either end of the health spectrum, from preventive cardiology to the critically ill patient. I have a special interest in the very sick cardiac patient.
I utilise imaging in my daily practice, and particular echocardiography and CT scanning. I am part of the structural intervention team based at Southern Cross' Hamilton hospital, and this offers me the ability to use my skills in cardiac imaging and intensive care to manage and guide the care of this group of patients. I am privileged to be part of this steam which uses cutting edge technology to provide world class procedures to this sick group of patients.
At Waikato Hospital, I am Director of the Cardiac Critical Care unit and also serve as the Supervisor of Training in Intensive Care Medicine.
I have been raised and schooled in Hamilton, and am pleased to be able to provide these important services for communities in the Waikato and the wider region.
Year of first medical qualification1998
Membership of professional bodies
- Fellow, Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Fellow, College of Intensive Care Medicine
- Fellow, Cardiac Society of Australia & New Zealand
Other Specialists in Cardiology
- MB BS 2000 London; MRCP (UK) 2003; CCT (UK) Cardio and Gen (Int) Med 2010; FRACP 2019 - Internal medicine