Dr Sanjeevan PasupatiMB ChB 1995 Otago; FRACP 2004
Practising atSouthern Cross Hamilton Hospital
Full NZ Registration Date06 December 1996
Southern Cross Heart Institute
(07) 959 5700
(07) 959 5702
Special Clinical Interest(s)
- Interventional cardiology
- Specialised in Complex and High-risk Coronary Intervention (CHIP)
- Structural heart disease
- First to establish TAVI in NZ Public sector
- First site to establish Mitral clip in NZ
- Left atrial appendage closure for AF related stroke
- Percutaneous closure of PFO, ASD, VSD, Para valvular leakage etc.
- Diagnosis and treatment of HOCM.
- Assessment and stenting or Coarctation.
- Renal denervation for hypertension
- Diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery disease and valvular heart disease.
Dr Pasupati is an interventional cardiologist specialising in angioplasty and percutaneous interventions for valvular and structural heart disease.
He is one of New Zealand's leading cardiologist in structural heart disease. He has mentored many sites internationally and locally in the development of TAVI.
Dr Pasupati is the director of structural heart disease & cardiovascular research unit at Waikato hospital. He is also responsible for the governance of the cathlab at Waikato Hospital.
His international reputation is founded on testing & developing new devices in structural and coronary disease and is widely published in this area. He is an invited speaker at interventional meetings worldwide. In addition, Sanjeevan sits on the scientific advisory board & steering committee for various device companies.
He was instrumental in developing Southern Cross Heart Institute, the country's technologically most advanced cathlab for coronary angiograms, angioplasty, TAVI, Mitraclip and other complex cardiology procedures.
Dr Pasupati received his medical degree from the University of Otago and completed his interventional fellowship in Vancouver. Sanjeevan is constantly travelling around the globe, sharing learning and proctoring physicians on TAVI and other procedures.
Visiting hours: 11am - 8pm
21 Von Tempsky St, Hamilton 3216
P.O. Box 4173, Hamilton 3247
Phone: 07 959 5700
Fax: 07 959 5702