Mr Grant CowleyMB ChB 1980 Auckland; FRACS 1988
Practising atSouthern Cross Hamilton Hospital
Full NZ Registration Date21 August 1981
Mr Grant Cowley - Orthopaedic Surgeon
07 839 5440
07 839 2412
Special Clinical Interest(s)
- Hip and Knee Joint Replacement
- Spinal Surgery - disc surgery, stenosis decompression, fusion, instrumentation
- Arthroscopic Knee Surgery including Arthroscopic Anterior Cruciate Reconstruction and Meniscal Repair
- Sports Injuries - Knee & Spine
- General Orthopaedic Consulting & Surgery
My post-fellowship training was spent in renowned clinical centres in Australia, Hong Kong and Switzerland. In the last twenty years of busy orthopaedic practice, I have gathered extensive experience and been involved in the evolution of hip and knee arthroplasty - including the multitude of bearing surfaces now available, uncemented fixation and uni-compartment knee replacement. I have also developed understanding of the progress in anterior and posterior spinal instrumentation and refinement of spinal surgery techniques, offering more assured results.
My aim is to be approachable at all times, encouraging patients to be informed and involved in decision making, especially where surgery may be one of several options available to them.
I am available to offer telephone advice regarding patients to General Practitioners.
I also work at the public hospital, where I am involved in acute trauma management, elective surgery, various clinical forums and advanced orthopaedic registrar training.
Year of first medical qualification1980
Membership of professional bodies
- MBChB - Auckland University 1980
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (1988)
- New Zealand Orthopaedic Association (NZOA)
- New Zealand Spine Society
- New Zealand Knee Society
- Southern Cross Hospital Clinical Governance Committee
- Member Orthopaedic Department, Waikato Hospital.
Visiting hours: 11am - 8pm
21 Von Tempsky St, Hamilton 3216
P.O. Box 4173, Hamilton 3247
Phone: 07 959 5700
Fax: 07 959 5702