Mr Hamish DeverallMB ChB 2002 Auckland; FRACS (Orth) 2010
Practising atSouthern Cross Hamilton Hospital
Full NZ Registration Date06 December 2002
Special Clinical Interest(s)
- Spine Surgery including minimally invasive spine surgery including microdiscectomy, minimally invasive decompression for spinal stenosis and balloon kyphoplasty
- Motion preserving surgery including cervical disc arthroplasty and laminoplasty
- Deformity correction including scoliosis, kyphosis and spinal osteotomies
- Spine tumours, revision surgery, and traumatic conditions of the spine.
Since joining the Waikato Public Hospital Orthopaedic Department in 2012, I have become part of the team providing a tertiary Spine Service to the Midland DHB's regions.
I focus my practice on spine conditions, which enables me to provide care of the highest standard for complex disorders. I employ a patient centred approach to assessment, investigation and education around treatment options of spine conditions.
Year of first medical qualification2002
Post Fellowship Training
After obtaining my fellowship in 2010 I undertook further training in spine surgery at Waikato Hospital from December 2010 - June 2011. From July 2011 - December 2011 I worked with Associate Professor Richard Williams at the Princess Alexandra Hospital and Brisbane Private Hospital gaining experience in Adult Spine Trauma, Spine Tumours, Spine Deformity and Degenerative conditions of the Spine.
Between January 2012-June 2012 I worked at Mater Private and Mater Children's Hospital Brisbane with Associate Professor Geoffrey Askin a world leader in Minimally Invasive Paediatric Deformity Correction, Additional experience was obtained in Paediatric Spine Tumours, Paediatric Spine Trauma as well as Adult Spine Degenerative conditions, Adult Spine Tumours and Adult Spine Trauma.
Membership of professional bodies
- Fellow of the New Zealand Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Member of the NZOA Spine Society
- Member of AO Spine
Visiting hours: 11am - 8pm
21 Von Tempsky St, Hamilton 3216
P.O. Box 4173, Hamilton 3247
Phone: 07 959 5700
Fax: 07 959 5702