New Role: Director, Healthcare System Transformation
- New Zealand’s largest network of private healthcare services
- Help shape the future of value-based care in New Zealand
- Auckland based role
Be part of bringing to life Southern Cross Healthcare’s ambition to transform private healthcare delivery in New Zealand to enable outstanding patient experiences and outcomes.
Southern Cross Healthcare is New Zealand’s largest private healthcare organisation with more than 2,600 employees across the national network. Southern Cross Healthcare is part of the Southern Cross group of businesses; which are united by a common brand, a not-for-profit philosophy and the goal of achieving better health outcomes for New Zealanders. Separate to the health insurance business, Southern Cross Healthcare is the healthcare delivery part of the group; with 10 wholly owned hospitals and 16 joint venture partnerships in hospitals, specialist centres, community-based rehabilitation and workplace wellness.
As Southern Cross Healthcare partnerships and fully owned businesses develop, the goal is to evolve to a more integrated healthcare system which works with key joint venture businesses to provide better outcomes and experiences for patients. Poised to lead the transformation of New Zealand’s private healthcare sector, Southern Cross Healthcare’s growth strategy is positioned to deliver a healthcare delivery model that is innovative and that will offer superior value care for patients.
Southern Cross Healthcare is looking to appoint a Director of Healthcare System Transformation to lead this journey - developing, implementing and managing strategic value-based care initiatives.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director will work across the businesses and collaborate with medical specialists, nursing and allied health professionals to affect value-based care design, and to establish and manage care practices consistent with value-based goals. In collaboration with clinicians and clinical specialities, the Director will ensure workflow support identification,closure of care gaps and improvements in utilisation consistent with best practices. In conjunction with key cross-functional leaders, teams and businesses, the appointee will collaborate and design clinical, digital and patient pathways. This includes utilising and consolidating patient data from various providers to create a single view of the patient and assist with creating efficient data access across providers.
We are seeking interest from individuals with the following:
- Proven experience across integrated healthcare (primary care / hospitals / rehabilitation, etc).
- Sophisticated stakeholder management skills, with a demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence in a healthcare environment. This includes external parties such as regulators, JV partners, payers/funders and global non-competing healthcare providers.
- Strong understanding of how to structure the delivery of care in an efficient and innovative manner, whilst delivering strong clinical outcomes and patient care.
- Experience in funder/payers engagement, developing and implementing new models of healthcare delivery and performance.
- Experience across broad medical areas would be advantageous (where biggest opportunities for new models of care and cost initiatives exist).
- Strong leadership, strategic, commercial, communication and project management capabilities.
- Deep knowledge of current health information technology systems, digital and data innovations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a highly respected organisation and play a key role in the design and delivery of value-based care programs in New Zealand. To express an interest on a strictly confidential basis, please submit your curriculum vitae to email@example.com quoting reference number 781.