Mr Ali ShekouhMB ChB 1995 Lpool; MD 2007 Lpool; CCT (UK) (Gen Surg) 2012; FRCS (Gen Surg) 2012; FRACS (GS) 2015
Practising atSouthern Cross Wellington Hospital
Full NZ Registration Date04 December 2014
Mr Ali R Shekouh - General, Colorectal & Laparoscopic Surgeon & Endoscopist
90 Hanson Street
(04) 910 2178
04 479 9084
Special Clinical Interest(s)
My area of expertise is within all aspects of gastrointestinal disease, but in particular:
- Laparoscopic Colon and Rectal Cancer Surgery
- Colon and Small Bowel Surgery (Open and Laparoscopic)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease Management and Surgery
- Pelvic Floor Disorders (including prolapse) and Surgery
- Anorectal Diseases (including haemorrhoids, fissures and fistulae)
- Pilonidal sinus
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery
- Hernia Repair (Laparoscopic and Open - including ventral and abdominal wall repair)
- Colonoscopy, Colonic Surveillance and Gastroscopy
I graduated at the University of Liverpool, UK and trained extensively in all aspects of general surgery with colorectal surgery subspecialty, in Merseyside, UK. I attended two colorectal specialist fellowships in the USA and Singapore.
I have an MD degree for research in the Molecular Biology of Cancer from the University of Liverpool, UK. I am also an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Wellington School of Medicine, University of Otago.
I was a Consultant General and Colorectal surgeon in the UK prior to my move to New Zealand in April 2014.
I currently work as a Colorectal and General surgeon at Wellington Hospital. I am also a Senior Lecturer with the University of Otago.
Visiting hours: 8am - 8pm
90 Hanson Street, Newtown, Wellington, 6021
Tel: (04) 910 2160