Medical supply company technical representatives and supplier representatives (‘representatives’) must complete an orientation and declaration process prior to entering any Southern Cross hospital operating theatre.
You must be invited to attend an operating theatre by either a credentialled practitioner or a Southern Cross Healthcare employee.
- Read and understand the relevant national policies:
- Medical company representatives or technical support persons in the operating theatre policy
- Southern Cross Healthcare health, safety and wellbeing policy
- Infection prevention and control management policy and programme
- Visitor guidelines
- Surgical safety checklist policy
- Hand hygiene policy
- Privacy act policy
- NZMA Clinical Images and the use of personal mobile devices guide
- Medical devices policy
- Contact the hospital you will be visiting to arrange a hospital induction.
This induction will include reading and understanding relevant local hospital policies and procedures:
- Security policy
- Southern Cross Healthcare hospital emergency procedures
- Smoke free workplace policy
- Adverse event reporting and management policy
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) guidelines
- Complete the Declaration Form with the Theatre Manager of the hospital you will be visiting.